Tuesday, May 2, 2017

New Every Morning

I have no doubt already titled a post with this title.  It comes from a favorite hymn.  And Lamentations.  "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning, new every morning, great is thy faithfulness, O God.  Great is Thy faithfulness."

Each new day I am called to put my trust in Him.  To let go, and let God, if you will.  Or to quote the more contemporary scholar--Don't worry, be happy.....well, not really.  It isn't all happy, but don't worry.

On the face of it, I have this one down.  I don't think of myself as a worrier.  But, sometimes a new challenge can get me going. Right now it is all the paperwork required for the loan for my house.  Copies of this, copies of that.  So many copies and proof that I am who I say that I am and I can do what I say I can do.  But, ultimately, I believe that God has got this and it will work out.  I need to do my part, but I need to give it over and not worry.

With the new dawn, the challenge seems more surmountable.  God and I have got this.  And if something falls through and gets ugly, there is something new ahead.  Great is Thy faithfulness.

No comments: