Thursday, April 13, 2017

What the Heart Wants

I am renting a house.  I like it fine, but the rent is high and I could qualify to buy a house or condo, so why not?  I have been looking.  Unfortunately so has everyone else it seems.  Most of the houses I have been interested in have been sold before I could even look at them.  As in, sold on the first day they were up for sale.  This is discouraging.  I can't  even look at them, they are gone.....

Today I got lucky.  I looked at 2 houses.  Both had approximately the same floor plan, but one was nice and the other needed some love.  The nice one was in a location that I liked as well.  Given the quickness of the market, I decided to put in an offer on the nice one.

And now I wait.  And wait.  It is sort of crazy.  I offered more than they asked and I still might not get it. But, I might.  And is it crazy to buy the second house you look at?  Maybe.  But I really wanted to be in that location.  I really liked the features of the house.  It had everything I wanted and more.  The only real downsides were no steps off the deck, no fence, no finished basement, and lavender/ gray walls in both bathrooms.  All of that is fixable.

So, tomorrow at noon I will know whether this house is mine or no.  And I am fine with that.  It is in God's hands.  And if this one goes, there will be another one, better, I am sure. But, right now this is the house I want.  The heart wants what the heart wants.....

1 comment:

Mary said...

And I got it, purple bathrooms and all.