Thursday, April 27, 2017

Deals

I was thinking the other night about how much I would like to have had the baby I lost and more babies as well.  I am a baby person and a little kid person.  I was also thinking about how I wish I could cure cancer, especially the cancers that are causing great concern and misery for my friends.  And I wish I could solve the rift between my niece and her parents and lots of other things.

I pray about those things.  I talk to God about those things.  I accept that God knows best.  But, sometimes I wish I could have my wishes.  I have had a long time to think about this though, and I fully understand why God has not set up life like a market place where deals are made.

How could we make a fair deal with God of the universe?  He would always come out ahead.  And He does already come out ahead, for my benefit, even if that isn't what I see.  No matter how hard I pray and fast and beg, the God of the universe doesn't make deals.  That is for the best.  I don't live in a world of Let's Make a Deal.

No comments: