Wednesday, February 22, 2017

That Which Doesn't Kill You.....

Chromebooks, those little tablets with keyboards were about to do me in.  I spend most of my days these days dealing with broken Chromebooks.  "I sat on my Chromebook because the chair was hard," "my cousin stepped on it," "I forgot to bring the case".....and on and on.  Then I have to email the parents, put the fine in the system, write out the slip for the tech, use another system to enter the repair into a spreadsheet.  Then, if they pay the fine, they get the thing back when it is fixed and if they don't pay, I get to check it out and collect it from them everyday.  Yay. And this is not in anyway my main job, just a little side job......

The frustrating part for me is I love the other part of my job.  And I don't get to spend much time doing it.  I hated going to work every single day.  But, past tense, hated.  I can't say I love my job and I don't have a good feeling about Chromebooks.  I have changed my attitude--There are no Chromebook emergencies.  Chromebooks can wait.  Not forever, but they have to take their turn.  I was letting them take over and I didn't like that.  So, now I am not. 

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so they say.  I feel a certain level of triumph about my changed attitude with the Chromebooks.  I do what I can.  And that is that.

No comments: