Friday, February 17, 2017

Breathe

I have a lot of balls in the air.  I am not much of a juggler, more of a plodder.  But, whether I like it or not, I have a lot of things to juggle.  That is part of modern life, or maybe all life on the planet.  I run like a hamster on the wheel, spinning and seemingly getting nowhere.  One of the things that was clear to me in spiritual direction is that I need to breathe, to relax, to recharge or I am going to burn out.

Specifically, I need to find some friends to do things with.  I don't do badly at treating myself or watching television or relaxing a bit.  What I am not skilled at is asking people to do things with me.  I have people I could ask, but what if they say "no?"  What if they really don't want to do anything with me?  Awkward, that. My life has taught me to be a loaner.

But, I need to breathe, to exhale, to take a chance and clear the way. I need to find a way, find my way.  When I reflect, I am not getting nowhere.  I finish some things and new things get added.  Juggling isn't all bad.  I just need to allow some time to breathe. And some friends to laugh with about it.

No comments: