Monday, January 30, 2017

Crying, Uncle

This past weekend I threw in the towel.  I tried hard to find the supports for the shelves that I want to set up in the garage for the Christmas decorations and tree.  I tried and I failed.  I have concluded that St. Anthony is tired of me asking and in God's plan for my life, this just isn't to be.  For now.  So, I moved it all to the garage, not on shelves.  It makes the garage look more a jumble than it did before, but my living space feels better. And in the grand scheme of things, which is more important?  The house.

I have concluded that it is really important for me to bring some calm and order to my life.  I don't do well with sustained and unremitting chaos.  Who does?  I am trying to clean up my act.  When everything looks neater, I don't feel so overwhelmed. I am unproductive.

The never-ending pounding of one more urgent thing to do is just that, never ending.  I have to learn to schedule some "me" things in there and not make taxes and bill paying and on and on the only things I accomplish in my life.

At the end of this first month of the new year I am ready to wipe my slate clean and work on becoming the person I am called to be.  The whole person who lives in the present, not the past or future.  I resolve to become completely myself this year.  The very best version of myself.

No comments: