Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Needles and Pins, Pins and Needles

I have a house up for sale.  It is a big house.  If you watch HGTV then it is probably not the house for you.  It has some carpet and some laminate and some parquet flooring.  It doesn't have granite or quartz counters.  It has a traditional look without the open concept.  It would not be worth it to rip out the walls in my opinion.  The back yard is a ski slope.  I have a lot of bad memories of that house, so it is hard to even see the positives.

But, it does have some positives.  Some people have praised it.  It has high ceilings and a deep pour walk out basement. The master bed and bath are lovely.  I think it would be a great house for someone with slightly older children, not babies or toddlers because there are separate spaces and
room to spread out.  The "formal" living room would make a great homeschool classroom or an office for someone who worked at home.  I love the neighborhood and the school district.

But, once you no longer live in a house and have it up for sale, all of that, the memories, the neighborhood, doesn't matter anymore.  I just want someone else to want it.  I want to be done with this house.  With every showing I find myself asking--is this the one?  Will they make an offer? It has been less than a week on the market.  Somebody will want it.  I hope. 

And I believe God has a plan for my life.  And selling this house is a part of that.  So, to the best of my ability, I am trusting in God's will for my life.  I am looking forward with courage.

No comments: