Thursday, March 3, 2016

Temptation

Such a temptation to plead my case and talk about what my challenges are and say how unfair this is.  Such a temptation to talk about bad behavior and problems that other people are having and how that effects my life.  Such a temptation to complain and vent and whine.

But, this is what I am committing to, this is my sacrifice, this is my call--to do all things through God who strengthens me.  I am called to trust that God already knows about all of this and He has a plan and it is a good plan.  I just need to live the day in front of me and do the best I can.  I am not called to fix other people and give up my life so they can pursue theirs.

Lead me not into temptation. Give me the strength to deal with the problems of the day and not borrow problems from tomorrow.  And give me the insight to see the blessings of today and feel the joy and hope and not to be burdened by the temptations to rescue and save and sacrifice for others who can do these things for themselves.

The day behind me was fine.  The day before me will be well.  I walk with God.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I am always having to remind myself to not borrow problems. Thank you for continuing to share your story.

Mary said...

I hope the year is going well for you!