Saturday, March 26, 2016

Renewed in Hope

This Lent has been hard physically, emotionally and spiritually.  It has been very hard.  The prayers and advice and love I have received has helped me to stay positive and keep my chin up.  In this world there will be troubles....after all.  The Way of the Cross has taught me the way of life.  I have looked for every bit of sunshine and hope and joy that I could find.  I felt the pain of the other stuff and fretted and talked it out with wise people and that has led me to Good Friday and soon to the Resurrection.

The joy and hope and peace I have found are not the same as eternity, not even close, but I am living the life I am called to live.  I have found a measure of serenity by focusing on the call in my life and not trying to change or control someone else.  I am examining my defects and flaws.  I am working to give them over to God and become whole and serene and joy-filled.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved and set me free...I once was lost and now am found, was blind, but now I see.....

No comments: