Saturday, February 27, 2016

Memory and Reality

So much of what I would describe as sanity relies on remembering things honestly as they happened.  I would tend to describe someone who shifts reality in their memory to fit they way they want it to be to somewhat crazy.  Not being able to see or remember reality seems crazy to me.

I was thinking about that the other day with a difference I had with someone in remembering how things were and how they happened.  Things in the past become he said she said and reality is hard to prove.

I was patting myself on the back for my sanity and my good and real memory when it occurred to me that I can no longer remember the sound of my dad's voice.  He passed away over 30 years ago, so that is not surprising, but I used to be able to hear his voice in my head and now I can't.

Memory and reality are tricky.  The mind just can't hold everything in there forever.  But, the lovely part of my belief in resurrection of the body is that I can look forward to hearing my dad's voice again someday in eternity.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

"Sanity relies on remembering things honestly as they happened" - yes, oh my yes!

And yes, you will hear your Dad's voice again some day, such joy in that hope, isn't there?

Mary said...

Thanks for that comment. It made me feel like I was hugged.