Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ginger, Helpful Hints

This is a helpful hint to know and share.  Over Christmas vacation I heard some friends talking about the benefits of ginger for inflammation and how ginger helps arthritis.  I was skeptical, but I do like ginger ale, so I experimented with it because I have so arthritis so maybe it would help.  If it didn't what was I out, but a delicious beverage?

I got some fresh ginger and made tea out of it.  I added it to herbal tea.  I haven't found many acceptable to me recipes for fresh ginger, but I am still looking.  I also got ginger ale and ginger beer.  I have to say that I have noticed less soreness in my knee when I include some ginger in my day.  I went several days at different times avoiding or using ginger and I noticed less pain on the ginger days.

This is less than scientific, but perhaps an easy low cost, low risk thing to try.  Add a little ginger to your day.  Ginger it up, as they say.

No comments: