Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Anti A-Team Philosophy

In the past one of my favorite quotes of all time was something from the television show The A-Team.  (Don't ask me why I watched that show, I don't want to talk about it.)  There are probably several memorable lines from that show, because as I recall, lots of the lines were repeated from show to show.  The one I liked was--"I love it when a plan comes together."

I liked that quote because I was a pretty god planner, but sometimes extra things fell into place that made the plan that much better.  Or sometimes a plan worked out better than I had expected.  When those things happened, I thought, rather than said, "I love it when a plan comes together."  And I did love it.  To me the key was the plan, then everything else had a structure to fall into place.  I suppose that if I am being super-critical of myself I would say that I was taking credit for the good things that were the result of my plans.

Lately, my women's group has been doing a study on trusting God.  This has opened my eyes to some of the ways my planning and the resultant good were things I took credit for in my own eyes.  I have worked on trusting God's plans in bigger ways and not trying to tweak the results so much with my own plans.  And when the plans come together in an extra beneficial way, I am praising God more, because He set all of this in motion.

I have also discovered that whether I had a plan or not, God did.  I am working to trust that more.  God is teaching me this.  It makes me more accepting what comes.  So, I am changing my quote to this--"I love it when God's plans come together."

No comments: