Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Judging/ Walking a Mile in Someone's Shoes

I was/am a rather judgmental person.  A lot of the judging I did in the privacy of my own mind, but some things I shared with family or close friends.  Not on all things, but on a lot of things I saw right and wrong.  I felt that we are too given to shades of gray and giving a pass for bad behavior in this culture of ours.  I thought people have choices and they should stay the course and continue on the hard path of suffering if it was called for.

One of the areas I was judgmental about was divorce.  Seriously, I thought marriage is hard, you just make it work. You are stuck once the vows are spoken.  I believed and still believe that kids do better when raised by their parents all in one house.

But, now I am on the other path.  It is not a journey I can share with most others.  It is an attempt to heal and become the person God called me to be.  I have become much less judgmental.  I invite you, dear reader, to not judge the action of another unless you have walked a mile in their shoes.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so sorry to read this Mary. Please know of my prayers for you, and know you are not alone in dealing with divorce.

Also, as someone who judged others and now finds myself in just the situation I would have judged myself, I know how hard it can be to face your own pride and past errors. Be gentle with yourself, and let His love reach deep into your soul for healing.

Dawn said...

"to not judge the action of another unless you have walked a mile in their shoes."

Agreed. :)