Monday, January 11, 2016

Floating on a Stream of Grace

I left my home last month for parts unknown.  Well, I know where I went, but some people aren't in on the plan and I would prefer that they remain clueless.  When I left I had the sketchiest of plans.  I just knew I had to go.  I knew that I couldn't stay. As events unfolded it was plain that I couldn't go back to stay.  It began to dawn on me that I was homeless.

I had a little moment.  I  wasn't sure where I was going to return to.  I had no place.  After my brief little moment I prayed.  I left it to God to find me a place to live.   I told the Lord that I trusted in His care.  A little later it occurred to me that I could stay in a hotel for a while.  I felt that God was assuring me that I wouldn't be homeless, living out of my car, which is what I had pictured during my little moment.

As I headed back towards home God laid out a plan for me.  All I had to do was to be willing and ask.  I found a temporary place to live before I returned to town.  It had a quick expiration date for the stay, but it bought me a little time.  A breather if you will.  Then someone stepped up and offered me a little longer stay while I look for a more permanent home.

The Lord had a plan for me.  A future full of hope and not disaster.  His care is always present.  It is not up to me.  I can have faith, hope and trust in His grace.  Truly I am floating on a stream of His grace.  Things have unfolded in ways I could not have imagined.  I feel so loved and cared for by my God.

No comments: