Thursday, January 7, 2016

Betrayed

I have always hated the concept of revenge.  I still do.  I never seek to have revenge on anyone.  I can't imagine it, can't imagine living that way.   Because I am not the revengeful  sort of person, I find myself shocked beyond words and appalled when someone seeks revenge on me.  I don't see it coming.  I don't suspect and protect.  I leave myself wide open.

And so it happened that way to me.  I was betrayed.  But, I have acquired the serenity these days to take it in stride.  This is a fallen world and people do bad things sometimes.  This is true even of people who claim to love me or claim Christ in their lives.  This is human nature. It hurts me but God has a plan. Even now in the hurting place as I write about this betrayal I can see the plan for a future full of hope emerging.

I was betrayed in a most hurtful way.  I was completely tricked. For the compassion and mercy I showed, I was made to appear crazy.  Even the prayers I said were used as a witness against me. I will trust in Divine Justice and pray for mercy upon these perpetrators.  I will forgive them.  But, I will also stay as far away as I am able.  Forgiveness doesn't mean accepting bad behavior over and over again. To accept that bad treatment is self abuse.  I have learned to seek good and not to protect evil.  Instead I will accept God's love and mercy.

It is hard to accept, believe and understand that God never grows tired of loving me.  He pursues me as His precious daughter. Every second He offers me his never ending love.  In Him I will never be betrayed.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I'm so sorry you've experienced this. I've never experienced anything that seems as big as you're describing, but I do relate to your words: "Because I am not the revengeful sort of person, I find myself shocked beyond words and appalled when someone seeks revenge on me. I don't see it coming. I don't suspect and protect. I leave myself wide open."

I have had similar experiences to this, and am always left blindsided, because I don't naturally act in certain mean ways and so I don't suspect it or see it coming when someone acts like that to me.

Thank you for this line: "I have learned to seek good and not to protect evil."