Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Retro or Old? (A re-post from 2010)

Unlike most of you, I am old enough to have been a flower child.  Woodstock happened when I was in high school, so I was a little young for that, but not by much.  So all this retro stuff from the sixties and seventies leaves me in wonder.  It doesn't seem all that long ago to me.  Or that cool.
That is until my hunt for heels led me to these sandals. (And don't point out that they aren't very heely, they raise the foot more than my tennis shoes did.)  As soon as I saw them, these sandals, I knew that when I wore them I would be called Creed and I would make macrame jewelry and wall hangings and try to get people to buy my spider plants because they clean the air. I would protest the war (Vietnam, that was) and not shave my legs. I would listen to some righteous music and probably......

Well, you get my drift, these sandals take me back to 1969.  Not that I ever wore sandals like this or did any of that, of course, I didn't do any of that, but I might have.  So now I am an old lady with bad feet who puts on shoes that remind her of her youth. Or what might have been her youth.

13 comments:

dandelionmom said...

Rie-chus footware sista!

(although calling them heels because you have shoes that are lower is like me bragging that I only had 3 Cokes when I could have had 6---although, on second thought-it works for me!)

abroadermark said...

Out of sight sandals!! You are so groovy, Creed!

Peace and Love,

Jo-Starlite

Mary said...

Calling them heels because they actually feel better on my feet because the heel is raised makes them heels, sista. I never wore anything but flat shoes or the heel lower than the rest of the foot i.e. Birkenstocks that Old Woman and I have in common. And I don't drink Coke. But I could have.

But the shoes are groovy, and you ladies just wouldn't understand because you are babies. I could have been your babysitter. Only maybe I was hitch hiking to Woodstock. (I did do a sit-in once in college, does that count?) (And waited in line for concert tickets to Elton John when his only hit was--This is Your Song.)

Footprints Diary said...

Hi Mary,
I love your sandals, and if they are comfortable, all the better. :)

I have a pair of red sandals that I absolutely live in - they're not the height of fashion, but they're comfy. :)

Have a wonderful week,
Love and blessings, Jillian ♥

P.S. Can I be an honorary "Lurky Lou?" I thought that it was just an affectionate name for people who look but don't comment. *shakes head at own stupidity*

Amanda said...

Jillian, I only knew what she meant because Mary has been hunting these Lurky Lou's for a while now, and I remembered a former request for them to 'speak up now or forever hold their peace' ;)

Judy said...

Super cool!

Had I only known that the 'granny look' of the 1970's was the one that would stick for me, I might have gone for a different look in my youth.

abroadermark said...

I must say, Creed, that you've got very young looking feet for a woman of your advanced age. :D

And I'm NOT a baby! I know that because babies don't have hot flashes. LOL!

P.S. My old man, The Wind, says those sandals of yours are FAR OUT!!

Dawn Farias said...

I thought the post was humorous and then I read the comments! Y'all make my day!

abroadermark said...

The Wind is upset that you didn't recognize his compliment on your sandals. : (

Mary said...

I recognized the far out and say right on. Or rock on.

Tami said...

I dig the sandals, but even more I dig you ladies. I'm with Dawn, you make me smile.

Jody Blue said...

ok were did you find them?!?! My feet are feeling a wee bit jealous at the sight!

Dawn Farias said...

Yay for reposts!

(Just so you know, I may not always comment, but I always read your posts. They come to my inbox. :) )