Monday, February 2, 2015

Ground Hog's Day

Happy Ground Hog's Day!  According to the legend, if the ground hog sees his shadow we will have 6 more weeks of winter.  Since it hardly feels as though we have had much winter yet, 6 more weeks seems unlikely.  But, often in the Lou, February is the snowiest month, so we shall see.

The movie Ground Hog's Day has the character repeating the day over and over again.  I was thinking about that today. How often I do the same things over and over expecting different results?  Surely things will get better?  Surely things will change?  I have lived that life for most of my life.  I don't recall how the character in the movie got off of that wheel, but I am looking for an answer.  I am seeking truth and love and beauty.  It is ground hog's day.  Time to make a change.

No comments: