Tuesday, January 13, 2015

3001

This is my 3001st post on this blog.  Much ado about nothing, as Shakespeare put it.  Quilts, cats, family, my strivings to know God, love God and share Him with others, and a few other odds and ends, that is this blog.  I am not much political.  I am much Catholic, but with a Protestant mom, I understand that perspective better than some. 

I like to take digital photos, but I am not much of a photographer.  I read, I quilt, I pray, I am.  Being authentically who I was made to be is my goal for the year.  I will take bloggy breaks when I need to and give it up altogether if that is the call.

I thought I would use this 3001st post to reintroduce myself.  I am Mary.  I am 61 years old, married 36 years, mother of one living child and one in heaven.  I never did birth control or NFP, I was infertile.  I am the sister of 3 and the auntie of many and still a daughter to my 93 year old mother.

I am a librarian and a teacher.  I do a few volunteer things and contribute where I can to things I think are worth while.  I like to travel.  I like to read and write.  My quilting is a creative process, an art if you will.  I like the feel of working with fabric.  I could make clothing, but I really enjoy making little quilts and praying for the babies who will use them someday.  I ache to be a grandmother someday and still hope that it will happen. (My son has a girlfriend, after all.)

I shut down the Googlebots that were trolling this blog.  I just didn't know what they were looking for.  I took down pictures of my niece and posts about shishi dogs because I didn't like the response to them.  I am thinking of hiding the sycamore posts because I feel that is misleading to find me when you are looking for trees.  I guess you could say that I like having a public blog, but I wish I could be selective about my audience.

So, this is me at 3001 in 2015. 

1 comment:

Dawn Farias said...

I love the "me at 3001 in 2015". Thank you for keeping up your blog. :)