Saturday, December 20, 2014

O Key of David

O Key of David and scepter of the house of Israel; you open and no one can shut; you shut and no one can open: come and lead the prisoners from the prison house, those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death.

And this seems to be the key to yesterday's longing.  As I rise from the prison house and get out from under the shadow of death I am also conscious of the limited time I have to do the things I am called to do.  My mother is 93 and I don't think she thinks that her time is too long on this earth.  I recognize whether I am dancing in eternity next year or 40 years from now, it will seem like a short run on the earth.                                                                                                                                                    

I am trying to find the freedom that I have received and live in that freedom.

No comments: