She is really funny and this should be a fun party to go to, even though I am old and limited in potential.
1. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We met up in Quincy at the Pier. My son brought his girlfriend. So there were 7 of us. It is such a lovely setting on an old railroad bridge support right in the Mississippi River.
2. The remainder of the weekend was a blur. I had a bad head cold and I was trying to rest. Or now that I am hearing that people who had the flu shot may be getting the flu, I wonder if it was that. I ran a slight fever every evening. Maybe the flu shot was only partially successful.
3. I finished the January quilts for my spiritual director's son and my Godson's babies.
This one is for a little girl.
And this one for a boy. The two colors of red look better in real life than in the photo, in my opinion. But, you will have to take my word for that.4. I was off school on Monday due to a pop up ice storm. I really needed that day to get over the cold or flu I had been nursing along.
Then Tuesday I had a meltdown at school and had a lot of people worried about me. I went for spiritual direction after school. My director told me the hardest thing she has ever told me. She told me to call my mom about this problem I am having. Sigh. I told her that she beats me up way too much. She laughed. I laughed too. But call my mother?
5. I went to the doctor on Wednesday. I am hoping for the best. Some of the people I had melted down with sent me an edible arrangement of fruit.
6. I plan to be at work on Friday for the last time until 2015. I am usually such a control person about my job, but I am feeling that what will be will be. I am at peace.
7. In the topsy turvy world that I am a part of this year, I believe that my husband and I may do the house up for Christmas this weekend. Since I will be recovering in the upcoming weeks, it seems as though it may be the only chance we have to decorate the tree. This year, I need to see the hope of Christmas more than ever. I need to enjoy every twinkle and carol and bell.