Friday, December 5, 2014

7 Quick Takes

Who is hosting? It is Kelly M.

She is really funny and this should be a fun party to go to, even though I am old and limited in potential.


1. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We met up in Quincy at the Pier.  My son brought his girlfriend.  So there were 7 of us.  It is such a lovely setting on an old railroad bridge support right in the Mississippi River.

2.  The remainder of the weekend was a blur.  I had a bad head cold and I was trying to rest. Or now that I am hearing that people who had the flu shot may be getting the flu, I wonder if it was that.  I ran a slight fever every evening.  Maybe the flu shot was only partially successful.

3. I finished the January quilts for my spiritual director's son and my Godson's babies.
This one is for a little girl.

And this one for a boy.  The two colors of red look better in real life than in the photo, in my opinion.  But, you will have to take my word for that.
4. I was off school on Monday due to a pop up ice storm.  I really needed that day to get over the cold or flu I had been nursing along. 

Then Tuesday I had a meltdown at school and had a lot of people worried about me.   I went for spiritual direction after school.  My director told me the hardest thing she has ever told me.  She told me to call my mom about this problem I am having.  Sigh.  I told her that she beats me up way too much. She laughed.  I laughed too.  But call my mother?

5. I went to the doctor on Wednesday.  I am hoping for the best. Some of the people I had melted down with sent me an edible arrangement of fruit.

6. I plan to be at work on Friday for the last time until 2015.  I am usually such a control person about my job, but I am feeling that what will be will be.  I am at peace.

7. In the topsy turvy world that I am a part of this year, I believe that my husband and I may do the house up for Christmas this weekend.  Since I will be recovering in the upcoming weeks, it seems as though it may be the only chance we have to decorate the tree.  This year, I need to see the hope of Christmas more than ever.  I need to enjoy every twinkle and carol and bell.

No comments: