Friday, November 28, 2014

7 Quick Takes

Perhaps Jennifer Fulwiler will be back this week for the QTs.  Anyway, 7 things I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful for my husband.  He isn't perfect, but neither am I.  We have learned to live together after 35 years. (Going on 36!)  We raised a beautiful son.  We lived through many hardships.  I am leaning on him in the days to come.

2. I am thankful for my son.  Despite my longings for more children, my son is my miracle.  He is smart and funny.


3. I am thankful for my mom.  She has lived to such an old age that it is impossible to imagine not having her around.  She is straight of spine and strong of opinions.  And right now one of her strongest opinions is about the little grand-daughter who rejected the rest of the family my creating a life without any of us in it. (And she didn't send thank you notes for her wedding gifts.) I am thankful for my mom and her strong opinions.

4. I am thankful for my siblings.  The sandpaper of siblings is something nothing else can recreate in a person's life. My sister especially has been a joy.  And the brothers are in there too.


5. I am thankful for all the friends I have and all the friends who have gone before me into eternity.  I crave your prayers.

6. I am thankful for all of my family, those here on the earth today and those who have preceded me to eternity.

7. I am thankful to all of you who read this blog.

No comments: