Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thank You, Lord

Dear Lord,

Thank You for my Mom.  We haven't always seen eye to eye.  I wasn't a very good daughter at times.  I won't comment on her mothering.  But as grown people we became friends of a sort.  We grew close.  I took her on as mine.  She became a responsibility as she aged.  That role of mine widens each day.  I am more and more the caretaker, the decision maker, as she says--I am becoming her mother.

It is not a role I ever wanted, caretaker of my mom.  Since she was older (32 when I was born) I never thought it would come to this.  But, here she is 93 and needing help and still wanting to do it her way.  There are things I can learn about relationships and things I can learn about You, Father God, from this stuff with Mom

Thank You for my mother and the joy and challenges that she brings.  Take care of her next week in her surgery.  But, I rejoice in and I thank You for this gift of Mom.

Your beloved daughter,

Mary

No comments: