Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Spring Rains Came Down

Isaiah 55:10-11 "Yet just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down and do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, giving seed to the one who sows and bread to the one who eats, so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but shall do what pleases me, achieving the end for which I sent it."

We are in a rainy patch.  Most afternoons we are having thunderstorms.  Saturday the rains came and I was able to take some pictures.  This picture looks downhill at the drainage ditch that catches the excess storm water.
This picture shows the torrents of rain coming down at the front.

And when the rain was over the ditch was full.

The rain and God's word have several ends, I am sure, but Sunday the lilies were blooming again.
 

No comments: