Friday, June 27, 2014
Seven Quick Takes
1. Saturday was the Magnificat Women's Breakfast at the Rigali Center. I was a hostess and a pray-er afterwards. Father Art was the witness. I had heard him speak before. He gives an upbeat message of encouragement. He sings the call response singing which is fun.
2. Hubby and I went to see the movie Jersey Boys on Sunday afternoon. I suspect if you have a chance to see the play, it is better. But, despite all the bad reviews, we enjoyed the movie. There is a great deal of bad language, but mostly vulgarity rather than cursing. There were sexual situations, but based on the lives of musicians, that is not surprising. Overall it felt like watching a play that was being made as a movie which was a little jarring, but it grew on me.
3. The robin sitting on the nest outside my front door has been acting as though perhaps the robin chicks have hatched. She was standing on the edge of the nest instead of sitting stoically on the nest as she has been. I know that it doesn't take long for robin eggs to hatch and for the little birds to fly away.
4. Hobby Lobby is supposed to open near my house today! I am looking forward to that. I got on oil well check this week, the first one in several years. It is for $6.13. I may go blow it all at Hobby Lobby!
5. We plan to celebrate our son's birthday with him and his girlfriend tonight. This is only our second time meeting her. I hope that we can play the cool, friendly parents and not embarrass ourselves or our son.
6. The good thing about working daily at the public library is--I have completed my four books for the adult summer reading club. I am ready to claim my prize!
7. I am planning to take a blogging break at this point. I find that I have very little to say here and lots of things to consider elsewhere. So, I am not sure whether I will be gone for a minute or a day or a week or a year, but I am giving myself a vacation from this little enterprise. Maybe I will get to the bottom of the bag.