Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Bag Lady Reformation

I carry baggage, bags.  I do not pack lightly.  I try, but I don't.  This seems to be the case whether I am going up to Quincy to visit my mom for an overnight, or if I am going to work for just the day.  I pack stuff.  This would be in direct counterbalance to the fact that I once traveled around Europe on trains for an entire month with one small yellow shoulder bag.  But, that is another story....

When I came home from work for the summer this year my bags resided on the dining room table for a while.  I have fallen into the habit of carrying two large blackish bags.  I mainly carry both of them everyday because I hardly ever clean them out and I might need something from one or the other of them.
They are large, semi-see through bags from Target.  They were probably intended as beach bags.

So, for the purposes of this blog post and clearing off the dining room table as a side benefit, I began to pull things out.

I brought home the NYC book that is falling apart when I still thought I was going to NYC this summer.  I guess I can study the pictures instead.

All the teachers at my school were told to read these books this summer.  It might happen.....

I found a thin black shirt that I carried around because often my library is cold from over-air conditioning which I have no control over.

The cups I needed for one of the parties this year that was unfortunately in my trunk when they needed to be in school.  Maybe next year....

Getting toward the bottom, mainly junk and pens....

And stuff like bookmarks I got at the book fair.  Let's see, that was in March?
 
I will quit with the first bag.  I emptied and photographed the second as well.  I am planning to reduce bag carrying next year.  I am planning.....
 
I ponder what it says about me that I was much more willing to clean out the bags if they could become a blog post.....Boring Posts for Tuesday....without a doubt.

No comments: