Friday, June 20, 2014

7 Quick Takes

Jennifer Fulwiler usually hosts this carnival. But this week again it is at Team Whitaker.

1. Saturday I went to a funeral and helped serve at the luncheon afterwards.  The deceased was a loving family man with 42 grandchildren.  He had 7 children, so I guess each child averaged 6 children.  That made for a large funeral luncheon.

2. Sunday was Father's Day.  We met our son at Mass and then went out to lunch.
The cat wasn't thrilled to be picked up so much.

3. Monday the heat wave began.  I went to morning Mass. In the evening I went to a wake for the husband of a friend.

4. The robins came back to the front tree and have quickly made a nest and started a family.  It seems very late in the year for all of this, but I expect to see some fledglings flying around here in a couple of weeks.
Unless the eggs boil in the heat.


5. When I got home after 8 am Mass on Wednesday several trucks from the sewer district were parked in front of my house.  This didn't bode well.  But after a while, they all left, so I am hoping for the best.  The heat wave continued.

I tried to take the weed eater, trimmer, edger whatever you call it, in to be fixed, but our lawn mower guy doesn't do that sort of thing.

6. Thursday I went to Mass and then did some cleaning and some writing. I am really tired of summer, especially the heat.

7. I have several prayer intentions. I thought I would put them out there, because the more prayer the better.  1). My friend "C" from my woman's group lost her first husband a few years ago.  About 18 months ago she remarried and 6 months after that was diagnosed with breast cancer.  So, pray for her.  But, I just got word that her new husband has also been diagnosed with cancer.  Her youngest daughter just graduated from high school this year. That family needs prayer. 2) My friend "T" also from my woman's group has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. 3) My niece has still not invited her parents to her wedding about 2 weeks away. and 4) My friend "S" is about halfway through breast cancer treatments.  For these we pray!!!  Lord, hear our prayer.


No comments: