Friday, June 6, 2014

7 Quick Takes, Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day?

Jennifer Fulwiler hosts this carnival of the blogs.  Go around and visit them all.

1. Last Friday I was up in Quincy for an early celebration of my mom's 93rd birthday.  She is doing well.


2. Saturday, hubby and I went to an event out at a retreat center.  We were being the Body of Christ.  I hadn't realized that we were so close to Middle Earth.  The area around the retreat center (1/2 mile from my school) does look vaguely like the Shire.  Anyway, the event was visited by hobbits.  At least they looked like hobbits.  I heard rumors that they had come from a Renaissance Faire.  But, seriously, examine the ears!
And kilt wearing hobbits.

Their baby didn't have pointy ears yet. (But if you look closely, you can see that the wife does.
 
3. Monday was the day before the last day of school. A couple of my old book club kids who have gone onto the high school came by.  It was good to see them.  I find that once they are gone, I don't miss them that much, I am on to the next group.  I finished beeping the books with the scanner.  I stayed until 4:30 putting them away. 
 
4. Tuesday was the last half day of school.  In my school district there is no time required beyond the kids' attendance time.  I never walk out the door with the kids though.  Never.  My last box of books arrived just as I was hanging it up for the day at 4:30.  I still had magazine orders and overdue lists to do.  The fun never ends.
 
5. So, I got up Wednesday and went into school.  It already didn't feel like my place with everything put away.  I finished the magazine order and checked in the books.  I didn't stamp them and do all the processing.  As my high school librarian used to say--There are no library emergencies! (Only picture a lovely southern lady accent.)  It felt great to walk out of there with my keys turned in.
 
I baked banana bread for my hubby when I got home because it was a cool rainy summer day.
 
6. Thursday I went to morning Mass.  I mowed. Although it was 67 degrees, (Cool, baby, cool!) I was sweating like a pig by the time I finished. Not so cool.  I went to the Pentecost Novena down at the Rigali Center at 6pm.  I was home by a little after 7pm.  Sister Charlotte gave me an idea for a blog post for Saturday.  Win and score!
 
7. This weekend is Pentecost!  The Archbishop is going to celebrate the Eve Mass with us!


No comments: