Wednesday, June 4, 2014
5 Favorites, School Is Out
This is my 5 favorites about summer vacation, which for me, begins today. My last day of this long school year was yesterday.
1. I love the summer because I don't have to rush in the morning. I can go to daily Mass if I get myself organized in time. I don't have to pack a lunch or carry several water bottles. In summer I can have a slower pace.
2. In summer I can think. Most of the rest of the year I "do." In summer I can reflect. I can consider. I can ponder. In summer my brain slows down from all the doing and remembering.
3. More exercise. I can do more planned exercising. And there is mowing to be done. Summer this year is a time for me to try to get in better shape.
4. Green! In summer the flowers bloom. The trees grow. Summer is a generous time of year.
5. Odd and ends. Details of my life go hanging most of the year. I can read books I like and not ones for my job. I can quilt or not. I can go to the library or not. In summer there are choices.