Monday, April 14, 2014

Tuesday Treasures, Russian Dolls

This was an old feature I used to do on the blog.  This post was originally from 2010.
 
 
This little Russian doll is my treasure for today.  I bought it in Brighton, England while I was a student at Brighton College of Education (Go, Dolphins!).  It was special and unique and I was immediately drawn to it.

And fun to play with because as you can see, It is not one doll, but four.
And here they are all put back together.  They are my little Russian girls. While they perhaps look old, they were new to me, so not really an antique.  They keep fading over the years and they look antique these days.
 

7 comments:

Dandelionmom said...

I love matroishkas! I can't spell it though-and spell check gives me matrimonial! LOL I put mine up too-it is old pictures of my homestead-take a peek when you get back from the stacks!

Mary said...

Lovely pictures! I'm home today for a dentist appointment. I'm organizing the blog for the next few weeks and calling to make other doctor's appointments. I would like to start the quilting of the candlewick piece. Time is ticking away.

Dandelionmom said...

Do you have the rest of the work divided up into segments? (How much do you have to quilt this month to be done in time for Dodger to have his Advent nap upon that beauty??)

Dawn Farias said...

You are quite the worldly woman!

Amanda said...

Your header is different, though still featuring these dolls! What is it? Intriguing, my dear Mary, lol.

Jody Blue said...

Love your nesting dolls.

Mary said...

I changed the photo effect to emboss or something like that for the dolls because it was too much dolls and dolls for my taste. I will probably go back to the real photo or something else when I have time.

I do like my nesting dolls.