Wednesday, April 16, 2014
5 Favorites, Lent
This isn't the kind of week when I have much to say. Five favorites about Lent as it comes to a close.
1. Lent is a great time to go to Confession. Usually Penance is offered more than normal. We have 2 parish Penance days and I went to a conference that offered Confession, so I am good, for now.
2. Lent is a great time to up the ante on my prayer life. It is time to think about prayer more and practice different forms of prayer.
3. Lent is a time to take stock of my health. Losing weight is a continual struggle for me. Remembering that I am fighting the inclinations of the flesh, is a good Lenten practice for me.
4. Lent is a time to be thankful for the abundance in my life and to be mindful of those who are less fortunate.
5. Lent is a time when there are extra opportunities to grow in faith either by study or in a program offered in the parish. I have been studying women in the scripture and how they use their gifts and talents to bring forth God's kingdom.