Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Deary Is Weary

Unceremoniously, the lovely V ended my physical therapy last Thursday.  I admitted that I was about as good as I was going to get.  She urged me to go to a doc for my knees and to go back to the foot doc and get a shot in my heel.  Maybe.  Maybe someday I will do that.  In the meantime I have other maintenance issues. All the looking for problems tests that they do when a person turns 60.

Thursday was a really stressful day for me in which I ended up eating both lunch and dinner while standing up doing something else.  I didn't get home to stay (as opposed to home to run in the door and eat standing up while washing lunch things) until a couple of minutes before 10pm.  It was a long day.  Then my body ached from too much exercise in therapy and too much sitting still and listening in a chair in a meeting later on. I didn't fall asleep until after midnight.  I found it hard not to be in tears on Thursday and Friday.  And to make matters worse, the Thursday night speaker spoke of how a pity party is idolatry.  So, there isn't even that.  (I said cheerfully so as not to worship idols of self.)

My body is tired.  I wanted to go to the Holy Land this year and it isn't happening.  I never got the passport applied for.  I feel discouraged and old.  This is perhps a good place to be near the start of Lent because there is only up from here, right?

I have decided to try a 5K walk in May as my 60th birthday celebration. That will be what I am working towards. God willing. 

No comments: