Monday, March 10, 2014

Ah-Ha

Sitting at a group last week I had a spiritual awakening.  To understand it, I have to give a little background.  Throughout my life when I have been in a tough situation, accused or judged or put down, I have had an image of Christ weeping with me.  It provided me with some solace over the years, but sometimes I found myself questioning myself why the Lord let me suffer like that.  I came to see the Lord as uncaring for my plight.  I knew that this couldn't be true, but this is how it felt to me.

Someone in the group spoke about a spiritual awakening they had to recognize that God had been there working in their life and they hadn't seen Him properly.  They had an awakening where they could see the true nature of the loving God.  I had an "Ah-Ha" moment where I recognized that the Lord wasn't weeping with me.  He was weeping for me because I was not using the gifts and talents He had given me to improve my situation.  I got it.

I can't go back and change the past.  I can't predict or alter the future.  But, in this present moment, I am asking for the strength to use the gifts of the Holy Spirit that have been given to me to both imporve my situation and to bring forth the kingdom of God.

No comments: