Okay, so I have done beauty and sewing. What's next? Five favorite things to do on a Snow Day!
I am a school librarian so, not unlike all the children who leave the nest and go to school, I look forward to days when school is called off for snow. These days we make them up in the summer, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a random day off here or there.
1. A snow day usually means that the streets are too dangerous to go out. The sidewalks are not hospitable to walking. Indoor activities are the norm for a snow day. That being said, the primary favorite activity for a snow day is getting the driveway shoveled and maybe making a snowman. It is fun to do those things when I have a whole day to manage it.
2. Drinking hot cocoa is fun on a snow day. It is especially fun after the previously mentioned shoveling and snowman making. Nothing warms me up like hot chocolate on a cold day. And if there is a dab of whipped cream for the top, all the better.
3. Cleaning something is fun on a snow day. Not cleaning everything, but picking something that needs sorting through or straightening out is fun on a snow day. I never run out of things that need that kind of work done.
4. Quilting is a favorite on a snow day. It has the advantage of sitting with a warm quilt covering my lap. I always have a baby quilt in the works these days. I have to laugh because the Lord seems to be sending so many babies to make quilts for.
5. Reading is fun on a snow day. I always have stacks of books that I need to read and even some that I want to read. As a librarian I need to read lots of books. They cut into my personal reading, writing and study time. Having an extra day, a snow day makes getting some reading done possible.