Monday, January 27, 2014

Word This Year

After my last post on the word of the year that I hadn't found yet, I have been vigilante to hear God's whisper if a word is something I need this year.  And the whisper came "kindle" or "enkindle."  You know the prayer--Come Holy Spirit, fill the minds and hearts of your people and enkindle in them the fire of your love.....  And sometimes they just say kindle instead of enkindle.

That Holy Spirit prayer is the one I pray whenever I have to present something or teach something or share something about Jesus as in faith formation or prayer group leading.  I want the Holy Spirit (not myself) to set their hearts on fire (were not their hearts burning within them?).

And for some reason these tablet things I read and play on are called Kindles.  I always giggle about that and pray that Holy Spirit prayer when I think of it.  Kindle or enkindle.  That is my word for the year.

No comments: