1. It snowed on Saturday. I had an appointment to have the oil changed in my car which I rescheduled for today. Hubby and I shoveled the heavy wet snow off of the driveway and it was melt-y. It would have been great snow for a snowman, but I wasn't in the mood. We ended up going to neither of the parties we were invited to for Saturday night.
2. On Sunday I talked to my brother who was hospitalized with blood clots that had traveled through his heart and into his lungs. This is the second time for this. I have been praying and praying for him. He lives out east, so I won't be seeing him for a while. He is out of the hospital and his grandchildren will come to see him for Christmas instead of the other way around.
3. My family plans to get together in Quincy for a Christmas gathering with Mom on Sunday and the weather forecast doesn't look promising at this point. We may have to reschedule for the following week.
4. I had another mystery around the Christmas tree. The Grinch didn't steal Christmas, someone tried to steal the Grinch.
Turn about is fair play after all. I suspect a cat was involved.
5. I was conscious of God's walk with me all day Monday. I did a Wimpy Kid Event in my library. It was fun and I didn't get too stressed out, although I missed lunch. I felt like God was right there with me. Then I had spiritual direction after work. My director was with someone else so I got to spend some time alone with Jesus in the chapel before direction. And direction was relaxed, I think I am getting the hang of it. Then after a quick dinner hubby and I went to the parish penance service. So, good, good and even better. I wish I could make every day like that.
6. Tuesday I ran like a crazy woman to get everything done that I needed to. The last of the Christmas gifts I ordered were delivered by the UPS.
Wednesday I had book club after school and I had to pick up a little gift for my high school student worker so I stopped and shopped.
7. I was really happy that this week went from screeching, holding on by the fingernails busy to less and less busy. Usually I work it the other way around and it is disaster. By Thursday I had nothing scheduled after school and nothing in the evening. And Friday is a half day and I am waiting with my car. I just need something to read and the last of the Christmas cards to write and I am set for the afternoon.