Saturday, November 5, 2011

In the Waiting Room

Everyone has experienced it, the sitting in the waiting room.  There are always a few magazines, and sometimes a television playing, often educational tapes about health.  Mostly nobody wants to be there in the waiting room.  Some people talk on cell phones these days.  Few people strike up conversations with strangers.  The waiting room is not a pleasant place to be.  Everybody has a better place to be than that.

But, often while sitting in the waiting room I imagine the worst, wonder what will transpire, wonder if I should just leave.  I don't, but I think about it.  The waiting room time can be mercifully brief or endlessly long and there is nothing I can do about it.  Just sit and wait and endure with patience.  I pray when I can focus enough.

Some parts of life are like the waiting room.  I have learned that there is nothing to do but sit and wait and pray when I can.  Eventually the waiting will be over and I will be in a better place.

2 comments:

Conservamom said...

Wow! Isn't that the truth. I felt like I was in a waiting room the past few days and finally God gave me the diagnosis but he also gave me the strength to accept it..Guess we just have to have faith in God when in our waiting rooms and he will do the rest.

Tami said...

I am praying for that better place Mary, and the strength to "wait".