Sunday, November 6, 2011

Capping Off the Weekend

Saturday morning I drove up to Quincy to see my mom.  I had a surprise in that my sister was coming too.  And my brother invited us over to his house.  And my recently widowed uncle invited us over Sunday.  So it was a weekend full of visiting. I met my niece's kittens--Zella and Bella. Lots to talk about.

I went to Mass at St Francis this morning.  I caught a glimpse of the man who looks like my grandpa. He drives a white Ford car.  Stopped by the cemetery to have a word with my dad and my grandparents.  We lunched at the HyVee. (You have to know what that is to know what that is, but if you do, you know.)

The time changed and I drove home mostly in the dark tonight, following the feet of dead deer in a truck ahead of me.  It is that time of year, when dead deer roam the highways. Better in the backs of trucks than stepping in front of my car on the road though.

Time to get ready for the week ahead. (Is it just me, or is everything happening faster this year?)

3 comments:

Judy said...

No. It is not just you. EVERYTHING is happening faster this year.

Mary said...

Oh, good, I was afraid it was just me...

Tami said...

I feel like life has been on fast forward for about 14 years now. Does it slow back down when the kiddos leave? Or not really.