Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Recap

It has been a harrowing weekend.  We drove down to Alabama to see my hubby's mother one last time. See is in the last stages of Alzheimer's disease.  It could be days or weeks or months, but since she eats very little and can't swallow well, it doesn't seem as though she will last long.

We drove down to Alabama Friday and back on Saturday (9 hours each way) and for various reasons, I did not get my hair washed before church this morning.  I curled it the best I could, but I was feeling like a ragbag.  I was giving myself an internal lecture for losing the hair stylist's phone number and not getting around to a haircut.  All worthy thoughts to think at Mass, well, perhaps not, but have I mentioned I was really tired from all that driving?  Anyway, the point, you want a point, at the end of Mass, a lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Excuse me, but I just had to tell you....(and at this point my mind was racing to figure which item of clothing I had on backward)..you have beautiful hair."  I looked at her in stunned silence and finally mumbled, "Thanks."  Which just goes to show that God loves me a whole lot more than I can ever know, even when I am not properly disposed during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.  And God has a sense of humor for sure.

Called my mom tonight and she already knew I had been to Alabama.  Facebook, not that she is on it, but my brother is and he told on me.

Anyway, I took over 100 pictures on the trip and some of them specifically for the blog, so if I can just get them loaded, look forward to a sycamore tutorial at the very least this week and for a surprise visit to somewhere interesting and the crop report and the tea in Tennessee or Alabama or Kentucky wherever that was.

1 comment:

noreen said...

Hi Mary, I'm sorry to learn of your mother-in-law's poor health. It can't be easy to watch a loved one suffer from Alzheimer's Disease. I will keep her in my prayers.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures of your trip!