Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recap

I should be in bed, cough, cough, but I haven't done a weekend recap in a while.  Why I think this uneventful weekend should have a recap, I am not sure.  I have still been coughing this weekend.  I imagine I am getting better because I am getting crabby (er than usual).

Not going anywhere this weekend enabled me to bake banana bread for hubby's breakfast this week, and crock a beef roast for a later dinner.  I love cooking ahead on the weekend.  It promises to be a busy week with Halloween, a Holy Day, Prayer Group and Yayas.  I am getting some posts scheduled ahead, expecially working on December which is like early shopping would be for some people.

The Cardinals won the World Series and everybody here is suddenly a baseball fan.  The Rams even won a game and all we prayed for in church this morning was not to have too embarrassing a loss.  Sometimes God likes to surprise you.  I guess our associate pastor is a football fan because I doubt the football prayers were in the Latin translation.

I found where Joanne Fabric moved on Saturday and replaced a couple of quilting suppies that I needed.  Don't you hate it when you lose a store?  I knew it was there somewhere, I could see it from the interstate, I just didn't know how to get there.  But, now I do.

I talked to my mom on the phone.  She said my uncle who was widowed in July has decided to get a new car, so perhaps he has decided to go ahead with his life.  With a woman it would be a new coat or a trip somewhere, but don't you know how men feel about their cars? If I get over the cough, I will head up to Q to see her next weekend. (Leaving hubby and attack cats to guard the place.)

No comments: