7 Quick Takes are hosted by Jennifer Fulwiler. Go visit the rest.
1. At the new Cathedral on Lindell in St. Louis there are mosaics. I mean the place is covered in mosaics. I never knew I loved mosaics so much until I visited the Cathedral Basilica. My very favorite is this one of the Sacred Heart. This picture does not do the mosaic justice. Remind yourself--this is a mosaic, little pieces of glass, not a painting.
2. Saturday we received word that my mother in law is not doing well. She has had Alzheimer's for many years and is in the last stages. It is a cruel disease.
3. Once again, I seriously need a haircut. I lost my hairdresser's card. I may have to go over there and ask for another one. Someday, maybe I will become a grown up in these matters, but apparently that day has not come yet.
4. I have replaced the fridge, the garbage disposal and the dishwasher in my kitchen within the past year. Now I really really really want to get a stove in black to match the rest of it. (Don't read this, honey.)
5. The avocado experiment went moldy. I threw it away. It was a pit-y. I will try again in the spring. Fall is not a good time to plant one's seeds. I was trying to think of a parable analogy, but sometimes, rotten seeds are just rotten seeds. The pit did begin to grow because it started to split. I am not sure what happened. It was too moldy and smelly to do an autopsy.
6. Our phone bill suddenly jumped $20 a month. No additional services, just more money. We may be joining the legions of people who don't have house phones anymore. Usually things creep up a dollar or two at a time, not some huge jump.
7. Next week are parent teacher conferences. Book Fair is already done. Yay!