Friday, September 23, 2011

7 Very Quick Takes



Jennifer Fulwiler hosts this meme.  Go around and visit the rest.

1. My hubby went on a White House retreat this week.  It has nothing to do with the President.  The retreat house is called the White House.  It is a mainly silent retreat, I thought, but he said no.  There were talk times.

2. I went out to eat with my son on Monday night because it was a good chance to reconnect with him and that way I didn't have to eat alone.

3. I worked my first overdues this week. Sigh.  The numbers will only go up from here.  Now they are under 200, but just you wait.... I have no fewer than three girls with versions of America as their first name who have overdues.  That must mean something.

4. I love the new fridge that I call Frida.  She has an icemaker.  I love ice.  In my experience, icemakers don't last forever, so I will enjoy her while she gives up the ice. I love ice.

5. I led the prayer group on Tuesday.  This would be a prayer group joke for prayer group leaders, but bear with me.  We had lifted up needs which we do at the end of the meeting and had reached the time when we pray the Our Father and I started to think--we had better pray the Our Father. When my husband and I are leading I squeeze his hand and he starts it.  But, he was on retreat....And it suddenly occurred to me--I had better start the Our Father.....Good thing, or we might still be standing there lifting up needs. Maybe you had to be there.....

6. Went to Yayas, my women's prayer/book study group on Wednesday.  We have been praying together for a long long time.

7. When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade.....All I have to say about that is--you better have some sugar too, or it won't be lemonade, just sour water.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I too love ice. We are renting our house right now, so had no say in the type of refrigerator we have...when we buy a house again, there will be an ice maker. Even if it only lasts so long :).

Sour water. hehe. Very good point.

Have a great weekend.

Tami said...

Praying God give you the sugar you need for the lemons. :)