Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday Treasures--Oklahoma Glasses

It is Tuesday.  I share "treasures" on Tuesday and I invite you to do the same.
Back in the early sixties we went to Oklahoma when I was about 8 years old.  I alomost said, the first time I went to Oklahoma, but I was there as a baby and just don't remember it.  I have pictures of it though.

The great aunts and cousins made a big deal of my dad because he was named after my great grandpa who spent his days with the Cheyenne-Arapahoe starting a school and teaching farming in the late 1800s and early 1900s.  My dad had the same name and was a teacher, so he was feted by the relations.  Or maybe they just treated everyone that way.

But among the gifts we got on that trip were these glasses.


They had Indian chiefs and and probably not PC today.  We only used them for the most special of occasions.  When my mom was clearing out her house, she handed them off to me.  They are a treasure to me because I remember the rare events that these glasses came out.  They signified something very special and out of the ordinary.



No comments: