Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday Treasures


Tuesday again, time to share your treasures.  I'd really love to see somebody else's treasures.

Oh, wait, I have a treasure that belongs to someone else and he really, really wants it back.  I guess he will have to come around and visit me sometime. But, Mommy gave it to me first, even though it belonged to my brother.  He found it.  And now he wants it back.   Until he comes around to get it, I can share it with you.



When my brother JT was around 9 years old he found this rock in the subdivision where we lived in Rockford, Illinois.  I show it to you with the pencil for scale.

It is really heavy.  This little rock weighs almost five pounds.  From the look of it, it is solid copper.

When my mom cleared out her house last year it was still there having followed our family through many moves.  My brother remembered and regretted its loss when I saw him last summer.  Until I told him that I had it back at home in the Lou (we were reunioning in quincy at the time).  He wants me to send it to him, but really?  A five pound rock, I am thinking no way.  He lives in DC (our nation's capital city).  He will just have to come by for a visit.  If he thinks he is getting this treasure back.  (To tell the truth, I hope he comes soon, because it sits in a bag in a drawer in my junk room.)

This just goes to show that there is no accounting for what a person might treasure.  To me it is a treasure because I have it and my brother wants it I saved it and now my brother can have it someday again.

6 comments:

Dawn by Design said...

To me it is a treasure because I have it and my brother wants it

Ha! ROFL!

DandelionMom said...

what Dawn said!! LOL

Several people (of the stubby variety) around me agree that that rock is COOL!

Mary said...

As you can see I am running out of ideas for treasures. But if my brother had a blog he would do a Tuesday Treasures about this rock. So I did it for him. LOL

DandelionMom said...

next week I want to see your FENCE!

abroadermark said...

To me it is a treasure because I have it and my brother wants it

What Dawn and DMom said - Hahahaha!!

Mary said...

Yeah, if it weren't for true, it might be funnier. LOL, I never fail to mention to him that I HAVE HIS ROCK.

I was the big sister and I know how to use the resources I have been given.