Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hope Echoes--Charisms Introduction

It is official, this is a feature because I have made a logo.  Hope Echoes on Wednesday are thoughts related to faith.  By an amateur Christian who seeks to grow closer to God.

There are many gifts of the Holy Spirit.  They can also be called charisms.  At Baptism we receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit.  They are given to all of us who are Christian.  I am going to begin by talking about the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit that are generally recognized and accepted.  These gifts are generally labelled--wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord.

These gifts are both scripturally based and found in Christian tradition.  The seven gifts are a good jumping off point if you will for understanding, accepting and employing the Holy Spirit in your life.

My intent is to report information found in these sources--The Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit by Mitch Finley, Holy Spirit Make Your Home In Me by George Montague, and probably a few other source which I will list as I use them.  I have way too many books on this subject. (It is the librarian in me.)  So, next Wednesday I will talk a little about wisdom.

6 comments:

abroadermark said...

You made a logo?! Whoa - I am impressed!! It's very nice, Library Anne! Cool idea for a feature too. Looking forward to the next installment!

Mary said...

I wrote words on a picture and called it a logo. If you click on it, it takes you nowhere fast. But I can pretend it is a real logo.

Mary333 said...

It looks great!

You might not be able to drive but your posts are clear ;) Looking forward to your post on wisdom.

Tami said...

I'm going to enjoy this new feature. Mary do not belittle your talents. There are some of us who still struggle with getting the pictures off the camera, which is why I have very few photos on my blog. I always wait for the assistance of my other half. ;)

How's the neck? Pain free, I hope.

Mary said...

I am on one Aleve today so I went out shopping and I will use that for Saturday! Yay, a boring post.

And I am not belittling my talents. I do pretty well for a non digital native. (They call kids who have used computers all of their lives digital natives.)

It is neat to be able to use the stuff I prepare for prayer group on the blog. That makes it a two for one deal. Life intersects art so to speak.

Dawn by Design said...

This is going to be a great series! Looking forward to it, Mary.