Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, 30!

Thirty years ago I had a baby.  He was blonde. He was 6 pounds 4 ounces at birth and 19 pounds at one year pictured above. We didn't really name him Moose, but that's what we call him sometimes. He was born on the feast day of the Nativity of John the Baptist and I sort of wish we had named him John, but I am not sure how I could get him to change his name at this point.  He makes up his own mind.

He has a good job.  He used to process foreclosures for bankruptcies. He got a promotion a year ago and now I am not sure exactly what he does.  Something with computers and reports or maybe whatever he feels like doing. He would be good at that because he was a strong willed child.  I used to read all of those types of books and they really helped me to deal with him better when he was a baby and a kid in my home.

These days he is preparing to buy his first house.  It is a three bedroom open floor plan house that needs some updating especially with the flooring.  He will probably close in August.  We are excited about this because he will move closer to us.  He will live within 2 miles of where we live.We might actually drop in and see him and have a key to his house. We like the house he is buying but it is kind of small for us.  For him it is perfect. And I hope he learned enough about foreclosures and bankruptcies when he was doing that to avoid getting in over his head.  He is thirty now.  His dad and I were in our thirties when we bought our first house, not far from this one he is buying.
Tonight we will go out for steak and I will bake a cake. He wants a lawnmower and a twelve inch non stick skillet to make hamburger helper--did I teach that boy nothing about nutrition?   So, anyway, Happy Birthday, Moose. I love you more than you will ever know.  And I am so proud of you I could burst.

6 comments:

abroadermark said...

Happy birthday Moose! And congratulations on a job well done, Marsidotes. Wow - Moose and Henry are almost twins! ; )

Mary said...

Almost twins.

DandelionMom said...

I like Moose's real name better than John. It is strong like I imagine him to be.

I am in love with your word choices esp. in the last paragraph--you obfuscate well for a librarian!

Judy said...

Awwww! He's a cutie!

My oldest will turn thirty in December. I don't know HOW this can be, since I am only 29 myself. ;D

Dawn by Design said...

Awww! Happy Birthday! What a wonderful post.

Mary said...

He had a good birthday. I bought the cake. He didn't get the lawnmower but he may get the house.