Sunday, June 27, 2010

Commodious Verbiage on the Weekend

Friday at physical therapy I was spared the neck stretching machine.  While I will admit that I am a lot better than I was, I am still discouraged by the amount of pain I still feel in the neck and shoulder and arm.  I am pretty good at handling pain, but after I while I become a jellyfish (which to me means a whiny four year old) and that's where I am now. The worst part is that it wakes me at night this pain and I need a little sleep to handle it all.  I look forward to the day when I look back on all of this and say--what was the big deal?  I have physical therapy again Monday, so maybe the neck stretching machine is still in my immediate future. LOL

Friday evening hubby and I went on a date to eat and hear a concert.  A Catholic singer from San Antonio named David Kauffman was in town and we really like him, so we went to hear him sing. It was an enjoyable evening only marred by the fact that I drove and hubby isn't that good with reading maps in the dark and we got a little lost.  But eventually we found our way so no harm, no foul. I wasn't all that happy with his proposed strategy to just drive until we recognized something.  I imagined us ending up seeing a sign saying--welcome to Memphis.  But, we finally did recognize something and then I knew right where we were and I got us home.

Saturday morning I got up and went to the Magnificat Catholic Women's breakfast.  I hadn't slept well and my neck was sore and then I discovered that my reservation had not been received on time--I sent it a week and a half ago.  Which all contributed to me feeling awful but the speaker was wonderful.  She talked about fighting all those influences of the evil one.  So I felt better.

Sunday we went to hear the first 10:30 Mass of our new associate.  I was only sorry I wasn't lectoring for him.  I am not on the schedule again until August and he should be broken in properly by then. But he seemed like he knew what he was doing.  I guess they cover these things in Seminary--do you think? My mom (who lives 120 miles north of here) had a reunion today (100 miles north of where she lives) that she didn't tell me about in advance so I couldn't possibly take her.  I feel the way you do when your kid tells you that you were supposed to go on the field trip or come to the PTA meeting to hear him sing at the last minute and you can't.  I will have to call her tonight and find out if she found a way to go or not. Parents.  What are you going to do?

3 comments:

Judy said...

I hope your neck pain passes, and soon!

It's muggy and rainy in Michigan today and EVERYTHING hurts. Except maybe my right elbow, but who knows...

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Sorry to hear about your pain. I hope it very quickly becomes nothing but a fuzzy memory.

Mary said...

Thanks, ladies, I have been trying to go off the pain meds at the advice of the physical therapist and my doctor. And really the amount of pain I feel isn't that bad, it is just there all the time. It is becoming a fuzzy memory, just not fast enough.