Saturday, June 12, 2010

Boring Post for Saturday

It is Saturday.  This is the day I save for my most boring posts.  If you want to play along, do.

Here's mine--

I suffer from insertional achilles tendonitis.  It is like plantar fascitis for the back of the foot at the heel.  I will probably get visitors looking for cures for those things. Move on, move on, I say to you foot achers.  I have no cure for you here.

My foot doctor who has a name something like Humphrey Bogart so I call him Dr. Bogart has cut me loose and told me that I don't need to come back.  He has no cure for me.  Time, it will take time.

In the meantime, while I take time I can do this.--

I can wear shoes with an elevated heel.  These are Skechers and the heel is high enough to help.

And I sleep with my leg braced at night.  It is awkward and strange to sleep in a brace, but when I don't and I take that first step in the morning it feels like somebody pounded on my foot all night with a hammer.  Call me slow if you will, but most nights I remember to put on the brace to avoid the pain in the morning.


But the best part of this problem has been these sandals.  I become "Creed" and sing wild songs from the 60s and 70s when I wear these sandals.  So it isn't all bad, this insertional achilles tendonitis.  Even if it doesn't seem to be getting better yet.  It has side effects that are interesting.



2 comments:

abroadermark said...

Oooo, Creed, there's that groovy picture again! FAR OUT!!

Come on, people now,
smile on your brother
Everybody get together
try and love one another right now...

Hope your insertional achilles tendonitis is all better very soon!

Tami said...

I feel a late night with Old Woman and her friend Mary coming on. When you visit her this summer, you could get all groovy singing. . .you in your shoes in The Shoe and all. . .

This could be fun.

On remembering to wear the footbrace, that is exactly what I'm talking about with my lack of prayer time!