Friday, June 11, 2010

7 Quick Takes, Volume 70

Jen at Conversion Diary hosts this 7 Quick Take thing and I have been a faithful quick taker for a while now. 
  1. I am not ready to unveil any secrets yet.  Hubby and I are working on a little project, a rather big project, but although we really don't care about people far and wide knowing, we jointly feel that we have perhaps been the subject of too much gossip locally as it is. We don't need everybody up in our bid-ness. And I am really sad that I feel this way, but events of late have made me wary of the intentions of others.
  2. I lector again this weekend.  There are some good readings.  I hope I am not as nervous as I was at Pentecost the last time I lectored.  I love to lector, it is such a privilege and and honor to get to be that involved at Mass.  But, sometimes I get really nervous.   The Pentecost readings have several difficult words in the first reading.  I think I have them down now after three years of reading Pentecost.  This week the only hard words are Uriah the Hittite and Ammonites.  There is a lot about God's justice and mercy in these readings this week. It is only ordinary time, but I would call it Go to Penance Sunday if I were naming it.  And today is the feast of the Sacred Heart so there is always something going on.
  3. On Sunday when we spent the afternoon at the History Museum (which I posted about yeasterday) I did something really stupid.  I carried my purse with my camera in it on my right shoulder the whole time.  I know better than that.  I ended up with a pinched nerve in my neck that has made living very painful.  Ice packs are my friends.  The upshot is that being on the computer is very very painful.  So all my plans for great blogs this week and next and in the weeks to come are shot. I have found a way to balance the laptop on my lap that doesn't hurt too much.  But who would have thought that blogging would become a painful hobby?
  4. Since I have been laying around the house in pain ths week, I have done very little of interest. It hurts to drive, to blog, to breathe.  Do I detect a theme here? Whine, whine whine.
  5. I have been doing some reading.  I got the Morrie: In His Own Words book that my Spiritual Director recommended.  It is a very short book and I almost finished it the day it came. I also read the Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder which has been sitting by my bed for probably a year.  It was interesting if only because the main character was exactly my age.
  6. With my pinched nerve and inability to blog, besides reading, I have been watching television.  I have been watching home decorating and improvement shows.  I am starting to have dreams that I am painting and shopping for accent pieces.  I have been thinking more and more about finding Nick and watching those great old classics like the Nanny and My Mother the Car. I kid, I kid.
  7. I can't think of a seven.  I am high on too much Advil and ice packs.  I would appreciate your prayers for this neck thing because I believe in the power of prayer.

3 comments:

Tami said...

I can't wait to hear all about the big project. (I can't help it I'm nosey.) I hope it goes well.

I will be praying for your neck! I'm sorry, kinked necks are the worst. Take care and I hope you feel better soon. I mean you are too cool to just hang with ice packs and Advil.

Amanda said...

Sorry to hear you are having such a painful time of it Mary... how heavy is your handbag??? I carry mine on my shoulder all the time but then I only have a smallish one I suppose.

Say hello to your ice packs for me... they sound like faithful friends ;)

Have a blessed weekend my friend, and I hope your lectoring goes along beautifully...

abroadermark said...

Aww...poor Marsidotes! I'm sorry you've got a pinched nerve. I know that has to hurt like the dickens. I mean, if it keeps you from blogging it must be bad! I'd say you deserve a little whine - at least through the weekend.

Good luck on the "project" and happy lectoring, seestah!