Monday, May 10, 2010

The Very Rocks and Stones...

I work in a school with around 900 students and around 80 staff members.  Close to a thousand souls spend their days at this place.  Most of the time God's presence isn't acknowledged.  Most of the time God isn't recognized in that place, for it is a public school.

But God is there.  God is everywhere.  But God is there with the thousand souls who don't recognize His presence or sing His praises in their daily life.  But, I find Him there.  I praise Him there. 

When I do dismissal duty and around 900 children ages 11 to 15 come bursting down the stairs and out the doors, imagine the noise.  I don't have to because I hear it everyday.  But, you, imagine the noise.  And I have learned to hear in that noise, not just 900 sweaty children anxious to get out into the sunshine and onto buses to spend the remainder of the day and use all their electronic gadgets that we ban at school.  In that noise I hear the Lord being praised.  Praised for their life, and energy.  Praised for the grace and the bounty they have received.  Without knowing, without intention, these rowdy children lift up a loud noise... to our God.  The very rocks and stones themselves would praise God.  But, from 3:05 to 3:15 God has these children to make a joyful noise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. Those children need you to be a beautiful Christian woman in their school. God's hand outstretched! Keep it up.

Jo said...

I enjoyed reading this post - yes I can just about hear those voices, all wanting to be outside and having fun.

Mary said...

I some ways the post is ironic because none of the students are thinking of praising God. It is my intention and God's that make it so.

Tami said...

I love your ability to find Jesus in your everyday surroundings. He is with us, we just need to look. This is a good reminder to do just that.