Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday Treasures

On Tuesday I invite you all to share your treasures.  I have certainly shared some of mine over the past year.

I have a teaching book from my great grandma.  She was the one who went to Kansas from Illinois and married my greatgrandpa and then spent most of her life among the Cheyenne Arapaho people in Oklahoma.

Before she did all those things she was a teacher in Illinois.  And this book is left from those days.  That was before the Civil War.  I open this book and I move through time and space and even though I never met her, I know who my great grandma was.  And she wasn't an Ellen, but she was a Mary E. as well.

Treasures, anyone?

1 comment:

Jody Blue said...

Oh Mary my history, genealogy, book loving self is amazed by such a treasure!!! And that she was named Mary is the icing on the cake! Thanks for sharing, real life history is the best.